UITS can provide customers with a virtual machine (VM) with customized storage, RAM, processors, and administration rights.
|UITS VM is offered for:||UITS VM is not offered for:|
|Production, Test, and Development Servers||High-Performance Computing|
|– Application Servers||High-Performance Database|
|– Web Hosting Servers||Servers that require OS level clustering|
|Servers requiring 1-4 vCPU|
|Servers requiring up to 32GB of memory||Vendor products not certified to run on VMware|
New VM requests should be made through IT Service Request process (https://serviceit.uconn.edu). Our IaaS Service Manager, Sandhya Pai, will work with you to ensure that you are provisioned with the VM that meets the requested specifications and will communicate with you about any issues, upgrades, and feature enhancements. In addition to providing customers with customized VM, we also:
- Implement customer-supplied firewall access rules
- Coordinate of TSM Backups requests to tape
- Register hostname with DNS, if needed
- Provide protection by VMWare Highly Available (HA) failover within the same location
- snapshots (1 at a time with 3 day retention)
- Maintain all necessary infrastructure components including physical servers, networking, storage, and VM management software
- UITS standard Microsoft Windows images
Any planned or unplanned outages will be posted to our IT Status page, and customers will be notified via listserv.
|Memory||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
Customized configurations Customers can also choose to customize their configurations.
|Memory 1 – 32GB|
For either suggested or customized configurations, you can also choose to add the following services:
|Tier 2 SAN storage, in 10 GB increments|
|TSM backup on tape (4 versions, onsite & offsite)|