The process to acquire blank scanner forms for use with exam testing has changed. Forms are now ordered directly through Central Stores. Place your order through Central Stores in one of two ways:
Create a Transfer Voucher(TV) and send or take it to Central Stores for processing
- At www.stores.uconn.edu, click on Internet Ordering, key requested form number as described below (without the dash 72810751).
- The first time you log into Central Stores site to place an order, you will be prompted to request a login ID and password.
- Once you have your loginID and begin to place an order, you will be required to enter your departments TEN digit FRS code.
- If you experience difficulty with this process, call Ann Marie at Central Stores at extension 6-3626. She has a description for using the on-line catalog for purchases if needed and is willing to assist and answer any questions.
Below is the form number that Central Stores has in their catalog, the description, and current price:
- 7281-0750 = Answer Sheets, 200 questions 5 responses, 500 forms per pack, cost is $28.49 per pack. These are the blue forms used for exams.Central Stores will deliver the forms to your department if you request delivery when placing your order.
Using Scanner Sheets
Number 2 lead pencils must be used in filling out all scanner sheets.
Be sure these requirements have been met before submitting exams for processing:
- NO INK OR STRAY MARKS are acceptable on any of the forms, including the key sheets. This condition could cause damage to the machine and/or incorrect scoring of the exams. If ink or stray marks are discovered, the exam will not be processed.
- Exams must be placed in clean, large envelopes with a *clasp for secure closure.
- The only information on the face of the envelope should be:
* Note: The UNIT # and CLASP for secure closing are critical since ALL EXAMS WILL BE RETURNED VIA CAMPUS MAIL
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET, THE EXAM WILL NOT BE SCANNED.
- If the exam is returned unscanned, a special form indicating the error will be included in the envelope.
- To insure the integrity of exam data, personnel of UITS are not permitted for any reason to place marks (i.e. add, change, or erase) on scanner forms.
- Exams are normally processed overnight and placed in Campus Mail by 8:30 A.M. the following day. If scanning is delayed, exams will be delivered to the mail room as soon as possible.
- Exams brought in after 3:30 P.M. may miss the next day’s mail delivery.
- During Final Exam processing, in May and December, exams are returned via Campus Mail.
- Final Exams which are dropped off on Saturday and Sunday must be left with UITS Operations, Room M030 (Input/Output room).
Central Stores is now in charge of supplying answer sheets.
- Do NOT use correction fluid. Any STRAY MARKS must be clearly erased. The NCS scanner refuses to score an answer sheet with more than one response darkened for an item. Because incomplete erasures may be read as intended answers, you will save the trouble of hand correcting such sheets by inspecting for poor erasures. Perhaps the best prevention of all is to urge students to erase carefully on their answer sheets.
- Completed answer sheets must all be facing the same direction.
- Answer sheets should be placed in a large, unused clasped manila envelope with the Instructor Key Sheets on TOP of the Student Test Sheets. Do not re-use envelopes for other tests. The outside of the envelope must have the following information:
* Note: The UNIT # and clasp for secure closing are critical since ALL EXAMS WILL BE RETURNED VIA CAMPUS MAIL. Scored sheets and the printouts of scores are processed overnight and placed in Campus Mail by 8:30 A.M. the following day.
- Completed answer sheets and key sheets must be delivered to ROOM M035 of the Math Science Building. (Open Hours)